Post-Bachelor's Certificate in Nursing Education
This accredited online graduate certificate program provides a four-course grouping of classes from the MSN: Nursing Education curriculum that focus on knowledge and skills required for healthcare provider education roles.
Upon completion of this certificate program, you'll have 12 graduate credits from a CCNE-approved Master’s in Nursing Program that can be used towards an MSN at Drexel or any other university.
Questions? We're here to help!
College of Nursing and Health Professions Program Team
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|NURS 591||Foundations of Nursing Education||3.0|
|NURS 606||Curriculum Design for Higher Level Cognition||3.0|
|NURS 615||Assessment, Measurement, and Evaluation||3.0|
|Select one of the following:||3.0|
|The Role and Responsibility of the Nursing Professor|
or NURS 616
|Teaching Methods in Nursing Education|
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from program fully accredited by National League of Nursing (NLN) and/or American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN.) The accrediting body for NLN is ACEN and the accrediting body for the American Association Colleges of Nursing is CCNE.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- If your GPA is lower, you're still encouraged to apply, but should ensure that relevant professional experience is included on your resume. You must also provide two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study.
- Current, unrestricted United States RN license
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Personal statement (800 to 1,600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular track
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this program, and
- Your plans upon completing the degree
- A copy of your United States RN license (License verification from your nursing license registry website is acceptable)
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is $1026 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1140 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 4, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021