Online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Food Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Close to half of all dollars spent on food and more than half of the calories Americans consume occur away from home. Drexel University’s online Certificate in Food Innovation prepares you to design and launch a new food product or concept from initial consumer research and conceptualization, through the development and testing of a value proposition and business model. Taught by industry experts within both Drexel’s College of Nursing and Health Professions and the Close School of Entrepreneurship, this food innovation certificate can be taken on its own or as a complement to studies in business, entrepreneurship, nutrition, hospitality, or related fields. Both consumer packaged goods and foodservice offerings are considered in our curriculum.
- 100% online
- Courses taught by industry experts in Drexel University’s College of Nursing and Health Professions and the Close School of Entrepreneurship
- No GRE required
- No application fee
What Can I Do with a Certificate in Food Innovation?
Did you know that the U.S. food, beverage and consumer products industry is the single largest U.S. manufacturing sector, comprising of over two million jobs across the United States? Drexel’s online Certificate in Food Innovation will teach you how to conceptualize, design and eventually launch a new food product or concept. The curriculum underscores the importance of food product, systems innovation and entrepreneurship in ensuring a sustainable, healthy, accessible, and inclusive food supply for current and future generations. These values are a critical pillar of Drexel’s College of Nursing and Health Professions’ focus on health equity.
What will I learn in Drexel University’s Online Certificate in Food Innovation?
If you make the great decision to enroll in Drexel’s Online Certificate in Food Innovation, you will learn how to:
- Describe the steps required to bring a new food product to market
- Create and validate a business model canvas to present a value proposition for a new food product or concept
- Outline strategies to achieve competitive advantage in the food marketplace
Will I have to come to campus during the program?
No, you will not be required to come to campus during this program. However, we do love to see you so please stop by to say hi if you decide to visit Drexel’s campus!
- Graduate Certificate in Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Graduate Certificate in New Venture Creation
- Graduate Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship
- MS in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- MS in Food Science (on-campus)
- MS in Human Nutrition
- BS in Hospitality Management (on-campus)
- BS in Culinary Arts and Science (on-campus)
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
Entrepreneurship Practice & Mindset
The Lean Launch
Advanced Food Product Development
Culture and Gastronomy
or FDSC 506
Food Composition & Behavior
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1423 per credit.
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024