Online Master’s in Infection Prevention and Control
Students enrolled in Drexel University’s online Infection Prevention and Control Master’s Degree lay the groundwork for a career addressing infectious disease processes, surveillance, and safe public health and health care environments.
This degree is offered fully online, providing qualified students and working professionals the chance to earn their MS in Infection Prevention and Control regardless of time and physical location restrictions. This program is intended to prepare students for frontline and leadership positions in the infection prevention and control field.
- 45 quarter credits
- No GRE required
- Learn from Drexel Dornsife School of Public Health faculty members who are experts in the field
- 100% online, with no residency component
- The Drexel University Dornsife School of Public Health is fully accredited by the Council for Education in Public Health (CEPH), and is the highest ranked school of public health in the Philadelphia area
- Credits from the Drexel Dornsife online Certificate in Infectious Disease Prevention and Control may be transferred into the MS in Infection Prevention and Control
Why Earn a Master’s in Infection Prevention and Control From Drexel?
Master’s degrees specializing in Infection Prevention and Control in a hospital setting are uncommon, and online programs as accessible as Drexel’s even more so.
Well-positioned thanks to our field-expert collaborations and capstone experience where students apply learned concepts to infection prevention challenges, this innovative program prepares students for success in various public health careers.
What Will Students Learn in The Online MS In Infection Prevention and Control Program?
Coursework for this online degree program is aimed at teaching you core competencies of infection prevention and control such as:
- Infectious disease processes
- Epidemiological concepts
- Patient and healthcare professional safety
- Prevention and control of infectious agents in the healthcare setting
- Principles related to a safe environment of care
- Surveillance in the healthcare setting
- Certificate in Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Certificate in Global Health
- Certificate in Infectious Disease Prevention and Control
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- MS in Infectious Disease
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period.
|BST 571||Introduction to Biostatistics||3.0|
|EOH 564||Safety in Healthcare||3.0|
|EOH 580||Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene||3.0|
|EOH 650||Microbes in Public Health Practice I: Overview of Bacterial Pathogens||3.0|
|EOH 651||Microbes in Public Health Practice II: Overview of Viral and Other Pathogens||3.0|
|EOH 653||Environment of Care||3.0|
|EOH 655||Infection Prevention and Control in the Healthcare Environment||3.0|
|EOH 656||Surveillance of Healthcare Associated Infections||3.0|
|EPI 569||Disease Outbreak Investigations||3.0|
|EPI 570||Introduction to Epidemiology||3.0|
|PBHL 501||Introduction to Public Health||0.0|
|EOH 698||Infection Prevention and Control Capstone I||1.5|
|EOH 699||Infection Prevention and Control Capstone II||1.5|
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent international institution
- Course work in biology and/or health sciences such as (cell biology, immunology, microbiology)
- GPA of at least 3.0 preferred
- Those with a lower GPA are encouraged to apply, and should highlight the following in their personal statement: relevant work experience, professional certifications, and/or continuing education that demonstrates academic excellence
- Standardized Test Scores are NOT required
- However, you may choose to submit scores to strengthen your application
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our supporting document submission guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- Two professional letters of recommendation (academic or professional)
- Essay of approximately 500 words discussing your interest in public health, current career goals, and why you are interested in Drexel University
- Additional requirements for International Students
Transfer Credit Opportunities
If you're considering transferring into this online program, you may be eligible to transfer up to 15 graduate-level quarter credits. Learn more about Drexel Dornsife’s transfer requirements and guidelines.
Working knowledge of and access to a personal computer (no more than 4 years old), high-speed connection to the Internet, and Microsoft Office applications.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1002 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1335 per credit)
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024