Online Graduate Certificate in Sustainability & Green Construction Program
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Sustainability & Green Construction
Drexel's online Certificate in Sustainable and Green Construction prepares professionals faced with the daunting task of providing a build environment which is in harmony with the natural environment with the skills needed to meet the demands of the architectural, engineering, and construction community.
The program focuses on the sustainable aspects of the construction process and explores the concepts outlined in the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) green building rating system. Graduates are prepared to apply these concepts to the decision-making process across project teams.
- A flexible, completely online program that fits easily into your busy work and personal schedule
- Can be used as a standalone professional development credential or as a step toward the MS in Construction Management
- A highly interactive online learning method allows extensive interaction with faculty and other classmates
Drexel's 10,000 Hours Podcast: Captain Planet, Philly Edition
Solar panels, wind power, the Green New Deal. There’s a lot going on in the world of renewable energy, and it can be hard to keep track of. Drexel’s Jeffrey Beard explains how we can “green” our houses and why Philly is perfectly set up to be a sustainable city.
- Graduate Certificate in Construction Management
- Graduate Certificate in Real Estate
- MS in Construction Management
State restrictions may apply to some programs. Learn more.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CMGT 535||Community Impact Analysis||3.0|
|CMGT 545||Sustainable Principles & Practices||3.0|
|CMGT 546||Sustainable Technologies||3.0|
|CMGT 547||LEED Concepts||3.0|
|CMGT 558||Community Sustainability||3.0|
- A bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering or a business or non-technical degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- 500 word essay on why you wish to pursue this program
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is $1342 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 4, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021