Online Certificate in Social Emotional Learning & Behavioral Wellness
With one in five students likely to experience some sort of trauma during their time in school, it’s more important than ever that educators be prepared to support these students. Drexel University’s online Graduate Certificate in Social, Emotional and Behavioral Wellness is designed to help you create supportive classroom environments and programs using evidence-based and developmentally-appropriate strategies. You will also learn the best techniques for building collaborative partnerships with families, students, and the larger educational community, to ensure your students are getting the care and support they need.
What is a Certificate Program in Social, Emotional & Behavioral Wellness?
The purpose of a social, emotional and behavioral wellness certificate program is to prepare teachers and educational administrators to help students address non-academic barriers to learning. Certificates in this field are designed to support educators and administrators who regularly work with students exposed to trauma or other mental health issues.
Certificate in Social, Emotional Learning & Behavioral Wellness Online Program Features
- If you possess an Instructional I or II Certification in Pennsylvania, you'll be eligible for the Pennsylvania Department of Education Social, Emotional and Behavioral Wellness Endorsement
- Program consists of four, three-credit courses and 10 hours of field placement per term
- Cultivating Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Wellness in Students: Keys to Reducing Non-Academic Barriers to Learning
- How is it only January? Survival Strategies for the Classroom Teacher
- Online Open House: Special Education & Applied Behavior Analysis Programs
What Careers Can You Pursue with a Social, Emotional & Behavioral Wellness Certificate?
The majority of those who pursue this certificate are likely to be teachers currently working in the classroom. This certificate provides the competencies needed to best provide for K-12 students who are part of a growing population of students who have been exposed to trauma. Educational administrators, or those who wish to become one, can also benefit from the certificate.
What is the average salary of a Graduate with a Certificate in Social, Emotional Learning & Behavioral Wellness?
Salaries vary based on location and exact job title, but here are some average salaries of educators working in this space:
2013 Median Salary*
Elementary School Teacher
High School Teacher
Middle School Teacher
Special Education Teacher
*Salary figures via Bureau of Labor Statistics
For more information on teacher salaries and job prospects, visit Drexel’s teacher salary guide.
- Graduate Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Special Education Leadership
- Special Education Certification Program
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EDEX 580||Social Emotional Wellness and Preventative Practices||3.0|
|EDEX 581||Understanding Social Emotional Disorders||3.0|
|EDEX 582||Evidence-Based School Interventions and Trauma Informed Education/Care||3.0|
|EDEX 583||Collaboration and Community Based Practices to Promote Social Emotional Wellness||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- A personal statement describing why you're interested in pursuing this program
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1079 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1438 per credit)
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024