Online MS in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship Program
Drexel University's online MS in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship is a dynamic, interdisciplinary degree deeply rooted in the concept of cultivating innovation. Our curriculum seamlessly blends courses in creativity, entrepreneurship, and design thinking with hands-on project-based learning experiences that directly relate to the challenges encountered in your personal and professional journey.
In this program, you’ll not only unearth, but also refine your innate leadership qualities, and nurture a creative and entrepreneurial mindset that will set you apart. This unique combination of skills will equip you to take the helm in educational, business, and corporate organizations, steering them toward excellence through the cultivation of an innovation-driven culture.
Our graduates become the driving force behind schools and businesses where creative problem-solving and novel idea generation are not just encouraged but actively nurtured, enabling professionals from teachers to employees to tackle evolving challenges with ingenuity and foresight. Join us and become a catalyst for change in your work setting and beyond.
Master’s in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship Program Features
- 100% online with innovative course delivery and learning supports
- Learn from, and network with, respected faculty at Drexel’s School of Education and Drexel’s Close School of Entrepreneurship
- Exclusive access to two of Drexel’s creative hubs: Drexel/Torrance Center for Creativity and Innovation and the Baiada Institute for Entrepreneurship
- Actively participate in the research activities of the Freddie Reisman Center for Translational Research in Creativity and Motivation
- Designed for professionals from a variety of backgrounds and life experiences, including those working in the business, nonprofit, and educational spaces
Master’s in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship Curriculum
Drexel’s online Master’s in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship is a 45-credit program. You’ll take core courses in creativity and entrepreneurship, with class offerings such as:
- Creativity in the Workplace
- Entrepreneurial Practice & Mindset
- Neuroscience, Creativity, and Innovation
- Pitch It!
In addition to your core courses, you can choose from electives in creativity and innovation, design research, and entrepreneurship. The online master’s in creative education program culminates in a capstone project. For more information, please visit the Curriculum page.
Requirements for the MS in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship Program
To be eligible for this program, it's recommended you have at least three years of work experience in your professional career. Exceptions may be granted; please contact an enrollment counselor for more information. You should also hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from an international college or university, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. For more information, please see the Admissions Criteria page.
What Can I Do With A Master’s in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship?
Whether you work in the public or private sector, there is a growing desire to incorporate innovative practices into every step of the workflow. In Drexel’s MS in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship program, you will learn the foundational and applied aspects of the creative process and entrepreneurial thinking, which you will be able to apply to your workplace immediately. With these skills, you can help your organization foster a creative and innovative environment, while developing other creative problem-solvers within your workplace.
This degree can be applied to industries such as preK-12 and higher education, government, military, healthcare and business.
Some job titles that this program prepares you for include:
- Chief Executive
- Education Administrator
- Entertainment and Recreation Manager
- General/Operations Manager
- Personnel Service Manager
- Social/Community Service Manager
MS in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship Salary Expectations
Actual salaries will vary based on location, job title, and industry. However, median salaries for titles you may obtain after completing your MS in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship include:
- Chief Executive - $193,850
- Education Administrator - $100,340
- General/Operations Manager - $123,030
- Human Resources Manager - $121,220
- Social/Community Service Manager - $67,150
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Creativity Tools and Techniques for the Classroom and Workplace Certificate
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Graduate Programs
- Graduate Certificate in Creativity and Innovation
- MS in Creativity and Innovation
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|Creativity & Innovation Courses
|Foundations in Creativity
|Tools and Techniques in Creativity
|Creativity in the Workplace
|Creativity and Change Leadership
|Neuroscience, Creativity, and Innovation
|Entrepreneurship Practice & Mindset
|Entrepreneurship in Education
|Learning from Failure
|Innovation & Ideation
|Applied Project in Creativity Studies I
|Applied Project in Creativity Studies II
|Elective Courses (Select Three)
|Creativity & Innovation
|Research Methods and Assessment of Creative and Innovative Thinking
|Global Perspectives on Creativity
|Current Trends in Creativity & Innovation
|Diagnostic Creative Intervention
|Design Problem Solving
|Data Visualization for Design Professionals
|Translational Design Research
|Social and Sustainable Innovation
|Early Stage Venture Funding
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- GPA of 3.0 or higher for undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Exceptions may be granted for those who demonstrate improved academic performance or academic ability in other ways
- Recommended minimum 3 years of professional work experience
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional or academic letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement (500 words) describing your interest and perceived fit in the program
- Current Resume
- Additional requirements for International Students
An admissions interview is required.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1079 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1438 per credit)
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024