Online MS in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship Program
Drexel University's online MS in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship is an interdisciplinary degree rooted in the concept of cultivating innovation. The curriculum combines courses in creativity, entrepreneurship, and design thinking with project-based learning experiences central to issues relevant to your work experience and environment. You will come to identify, recognize, and hone your personal leadership abilities as well as your creative and entrepreneurial mindset. This will prepare you to lead educational, business, and corporate organizations that excel through fostering a culture of innovation and allowing it to flourish. This allows school and business leaders, teachers, and employees to engage in creative problem-solving and new idea generation to resolve evolving issues within their work settings.
Master’s in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship Program Features
- 100% online with innovative course delivery and learning supports
- Learn from, and network with, respected faculty at Drexel’s School of Education and Drexel’s Close School of Entrepreneurship
- Exclusive access to two of Drexel’s creative hubs: Drexel/Torrance Center for Creativity and Innovation and the Baiada Institute for Entrepreneurship
- Actively participate in the research activities of the Freddie Reisman Center for Translational Research in Creativity and Motivation
- Designed for professionals from a variety of backgrounds and life experiences, including those working in the business, nonprofit, and educational spaces
Master’s in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship Curriculum
Drexel’s online Master’s in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship is a 45-credit program. You’ll take core courses in creativity and entrepreneurship, with class offerings such as:
- Creativity in the Workplace
- Entrepreneurial Practice & Mindset
- Neuroscience, Creativity, and Innovation
- Pitch It!
In addition to your core courses, you can choose from electives in creativity and innovation, design research, and entrepreneurship. The online master’s in creative education program culminates in a capstone project. For more information, please visit the Curriculum page.
Requirements for the MS in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship Program
To be eligible for this program, it's recommended that you have a minimum of three years of work experience in your professional career. Exceptions may be granted; please contact an enrollment counselor for more information. You should also hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from an international college or university, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. For more information, please see the Admissions Criteria page.
What Can I Do With A Master’s in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship?
Whether you work in the public or private sector, there’s a growing desire to incorporate innovative practices into every step of the workflow. In Drexel’s MS in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship program, you’ll learn the foundational and applied aspects of the creative process and entrepreneurial thinking, which you’ll be able to apply to your workplace immediately. With these skills, you can help your organization foster a creative and innovative environment, while developing other creative problem-solvers within your workplace.
This degree can be applied to industries such as preK-12 and higher education, government, military, healthcare and business.
Some job titles that this program prepares you for include:
- Chief Executive
- Education Administrator
- Entertainment and Recreation Manager
- General/Operations Manager
- Personnel Service Manager
- Social/Community Service Manager
MS in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship Salary Expectations
Actual salaries will vary based on location, job title, and industry. However, median salaries for titles you may obtain after completing your MS in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship include:
- Chief Executive - $193,850
- Education Administrator - $100,340
- General/Operations Manager - $123,030
- Human Resources Manager - $121,220
- Social/Community Service Manager - $67,150
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Creativity Tools and Techniques for the Classroom and Workplace Certificate
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Graduate Programs
- Graduate Certificate in Creativity and Innovation
- MS in Creativity and Innovation
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|Creativity & Innovation Courses|
|CRTV 501||Foundations in Creativity||3.0|
|CRTV 502||Tools and Techniques in Creativity||3.0|
|CRTV 503||Creativity in the Workplace||3.0|
|CRTV 610||Creativity and Change Leadership||3.0|
|CRTV 615||Neuroscience, Creativity, and Innovation||3.0|
|ENTP 501||Entrepreneurship Practice & Mindset||3.0|
|ENTP 515||Pitch It!||3.0|
|ENTP 575||Entrepreneurship in Education||3.0|
|ENTP 611||Learning from Failure||3.0|
|ENTP 621||Innovation & Ideation||3.0|
|CRTV 695||Applied Project in Creativity Studies I||3.0|
|CRTV 696||Applied Project in Creativity Studies II||3.0|
|Elective Courses (Select Three)
|Creativity & Innovation
|CRTV 620||Research Methods and Assessment of Creative and Innovative Thinking|
|CRTV 630||Global Perspectives on Creativity|
|CRTV 650||Current Trends in Creativity & Innovation|
|CRTV 660||Diagnostic Creative Intervention|
|DSRE 620||Design Problem Solving|
|DSRE 630||Data Visualization for Design Professionals|
|DSRE 635||Translational Design Research|
|ENTP 535||Social Entrepreneurship|
|ENTP 601||Social and Sustainable Innovation|
|ENTP 660||Early Stage Venture Funding|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- GPA of 3.0 or higher for undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Exceptions may be granted for those who demonstrate improved academic performance or academic ability in other ways
- Recommended minimum 3 years of professional work experience
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional or academic letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement (500 words) describing your interest and perceived fit in the program
- Current Resume
- Additional requirements for International Students
An admissions interview is required.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1079 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1438 per credit)
For academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024