Software Engineering Management Online Graduate Certificate Program
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Software Management
Drexel University’s online graduate certificate in software engineering management helps you pair your technical background with the management skills you need to advance your career. This certificate was designed specifically for those who have an understanding of software engineering technology and wish to move into a management position. Courses focus on skills like requirements engineering, communicating with stakeholders, and managing time, budget, and personnel for software engineering projects.
This program culminates in a graduate certificate, but is not a formal certification program.
Online Software Management Certificate Program Features
- 100% online
- Five-course, 15-credit program
- May be stacked with other College of Comping & Informatics graduate certificates to customize your education and/or serve as an entry point to the Master of Science in Software Engineering
Online Software Management Certificate Program Requirements
To be eligible for Drexel’s virtual software engineering management certificate, you should hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in computer science, software engineering or related STEM degree. Your GPA in these completed degree programs should be 3.0 or higher. You should also have work experience equal to Drexel's Graduate Certificate in Computer Science.
For more information, including prerequisites and additional requirements for international students, please see the Admissions Criteria page.
What Is the Salary for A Software Engineering Manager?
Salaries will vary based on factors such as job title, years of experience, and location. However, some common job titles and salaries that this certificate prepares you for include:
- Engineering Manager - $149,530
- Software Developer - $110,140
- Software Quality Assurance Analyst - $114,270
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2020
Online Software Management Certificate Program FAQs
Is programming experience required?
Knowledge of software development is needed, but extensive programming experience is not required.
Is work experience required?
It's recommended that you have work experience before beginning this program.
Do I need to come to campus?
This certificate is 100% remote, and you do not need to come to campus to complete it.
- MS in Computer Science
- MS in Software Engineering
- Graduate Certificate in Computing Systems Security & Privacy
- Graduate Certificate in Software Architecture
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|SE 627||Requirements Engineering and Management||3.0|
|SE 630||Software Engineering Economics||3.0|
|SE 638||Software Project Management||3.0|
|Elective Course (Choose 1)
|Fundamentals of Databases|
|Data Structures and Algorithms|
|Database Management Systems|
|Information Systems Analysis and Design|
|Information Systems Management|
|Software Reliability and Testing|
|Open Source Software Engineering|
- A four-year bachelor's or master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related STEM degree, plus work experience equal to Drexel's Graduate Certificate in Computer Science Foundations
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor's degree or above
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- One letter of recommendation required, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success, and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1396 per credit.
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024