Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Leadership in Health Systems Management
Drexel’s Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education-accredited online Certificate in Leadership in Health Systems Management consists of four courses from the MSN in Nursing Leadership in Health Systems Management curriculum. The program is perfect for emerging nurse leaders who want to understand the business side of healthcare.
There is faster than average growth in demand for nursing managers and nursing care facility administrators. In your classes, you will have the opportunity to gain leadership skills that are essential to these supervisory and management positions.
Program at a Glance
- Quarter Credits: 13.5 credits (equivalent to 9 semester credits)
- Average Completion Time: 9 months
- No application fee
- Learn from experienced nursing faculty
- Synchronous online classes that fit the scheduling needs of working nurses
- Prepare for career advancement while maintaining your job
- Accredited by the CCNE
What Does Nursing Management Involve?
As a nurse manager, you are typically responsible for supervising nursing staff in a hospital or clinical setting. This includes managing the daily operations of your unit or department, implementing and measuring patient care improvements and quality, managing budgets, scheduling, and much more.
What Can I Do with a Certificate in Leadership in Health Systems Management?
Most nurse managers have earned at least a bachelor’s degree before entering the field. In fact, of those already at work, 65% have a bachelor’s degree. If you are seeking to advance your career, you might consider one of the following paths:
- Unit Manager
- Clinical Nurse Manager
- Assistant Director of Nursing
- Nursing Home Administrator
What does Drexel's Certificate in Nursing Leadership and Health Systems Management offer?
With both required courses and electives, you can tailor Drexel’s program to your interests. The three core courses touch on stewardship, operations, and the economics of healthcare management and policy. You can then choose an elective in workforce management, strategy, or business.
Can I Use the Certificate in Health Systems Management toward a Master’s Degree?
Upon completion of the program, you will have earned 12 quarter credits from a CCNE-approved Master's in Nursing program, which can be transferred to the online MSN in Leadership and Health Systems Management at Drexel University.
Questions? We're here to help!
For application related questions:
For program related questions:
College of Nursing and Health Professions Program Team
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
The Post-Bachelor's Certificate in Leadership in Health Systems Management program at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|NUPR 663||Communication and Self-Awareness for Leadership||4.5|
|NUPR 664||The Economics and Business of Healthcare||4.5|
|NUPR 665||Managing Operations and Human Resources for Quality Outcomes of Care Delivery||4.5|
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Your BSN must be from an institution accredited by the National League of Nursing (NLN) and/or the American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN). The accrediting body for NLN is ACEN and the accrediting body for the American Association Colleges of Nursing is CCNE.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- If your GPA is lower, you're still encouraged to apply, but should ensure that relevant professional experience is included on your resume. You must also provide two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study.
- While specific clinical work and/or volunteer experience is not required, it may make your application more competitive.
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- Two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study
- If you have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, this requirement can be waived
- Personal statement describing your interest in the program and particular specialty
- Copy of your United States RN license
- Additional requirements for International Students
An admissions interview may be required.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1101 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1223 per credit)
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024