Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Quality, Safety, and Risk Management in Healthcare
Online PBC in QSRM
Drexel University's Post-Bachelor's Certificate in Quality, Safety and Risk Management is designed to prepare health professionals who can lead organizational efforts to improve and monitor quality metrics, improve safety for both patients and staff, and manage risks in a dynamic healthcare environment.
Upon completion, you'll be prepared to lead teams in a wide variety of quality and risk management initiatives including:
- Aligning patient safety, risk, and quality functions within the organization
- Ensuring that patient safety, risk, and quality activities are aligned with the strategic goals of the organization
- Assessing current activities in patient safety, risk, and quality to clarify responsibilities and reduce duplication of effort
- Establishing a structure that ensures patient care activities are addressed in a coordinated manner involving the patient safety, risk, and quality functions
- Coordinating process changes, data collection, data analysis, monitoring, and evaluation
- Evaluating the roles of patient safety, risk, and quality as the organization's needs change
Online PBC in Healthcare Quality, Safety, and Risk Management Features
- 100% online
- Credits may be transferred into one of Drexel’s online MSN or MS Advanced Role programs
- Learn from faculty in Drexel’s respected College of Nursing and Health Professions
FAQs About Our Online PBC in Healthcare Quality, Safety, and Risk Management Program
Can the credits from this program transfer into the MS or MSN in Quality, Safety, and Risk Management in Healthcare?
Credits you've earned during the Online PBC in Healthcare Quality, Safety, and Risk Management may be transferred into one of Drexel’s online MSN or MS Advanced Role programs.
Do I need to come to campus?
While we love when our students visit campus, you don't have to be on-campus as a requirement of the online PBC in Healthcare Quality, Safety, and Risk Management.
Questions? We're here to help!
For application related questions:
For program related questions:
College of Nursing and Health Professions Program Team
Related Online Programs
- MS in Quality, Safety, and Risk Management in Healthcare
- MSN in Quality, Safety, and Risk Management in Healthcare
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|IPS 501||Legal Compliance: Structure and Implementation||4.5|
|IPS 504||Regulations in Health Care||4.5|
|IPS 584||Analysis of Performance Standards in Healthcare Quality||3.0|
|IPS 585||Science of Safety, Human Factors, and System Thinking||3.0|
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- If your GPA is lower, you're still encouraged to apply, but should ensure that relevant professional experience is included on your resume. You must also provide two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study.
- While specific clinical work and/or volunteer experience is not required, it may make your application more competitive
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- Two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study
- If you have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, this requirement can be waived
- Additional requirements for International Students
An admissions interview may be required.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2022-2023 is $1069 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1187 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2022-2023 Academic Year
September 19, 2022
December 3, 2022
December 5, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 25, 2023
April 3, 2023
June 10, 2023
June 12, 2023
June 17, 2023
June 26, 2023
September 2, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 9, 2023
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.