Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning Program
As the demand for online learning in academic and training environments continues to grow, there is a need for professionals who can teach in the online space in an impactful way. Drexel University's online Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning prepares you with the unique instructional knowledge and skills you need to effectively design and deliver instruction online. This online education certificate program was designed for all those interested in teaching online in PreK-12, higher education, adult education, corporate settings, and even informal settings.
Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning Program Features
- 100% online
- Can be completed in one year
- Real-world and experiential curriculum
- Customizable assignments that align with your current or future position
- Faculty that have decades of experience with online teaching and learning
- This certificate can be taken on its own, added to other certificates of your choice to create a customized and personalized program of study, or transferred into the MS in Education Improvement and Transformation upon acceptance into the program
Requirements for The Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning Program
To be eligible for the online Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning, you must hold at least a bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent, from a regionally accredited institution. For a complete list of program requirements and required application materials, please see the Admissions Criteria page.
What Can I Do with A Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning?
Drexel’s graduate certificate in online teaching is designed to meet the needs of today’s working professionals across many learning and development contexts. That means that, whether you work (or hope to work) in a school setting or outside of the education sphere, this certificate will prepare you to design and deliver effective online instruction in a variety of industries.
Some common job titles that would benefit from this online education certificate program include:
- K-12 Teacher or Administrator
Design and instruct online courses that are appropriate for students throughout their K-12 education, while ensuring those courses are supportive to students who may be learning with disabilities.
- Higher Education Faculty or Instructor
Design and instruct your online higher education courses using the latest learning technologies, while ensuring your courses are calibrated to support both traditional higher education students and adult learners.
- Training Facilitator
Utilize an understanding of the learning sciences and a familiarity with the latest learning technologies to design and instruct online training courses specifically geared toward adult learners.
Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning Program FAQs
If I don’t have previous experience teaching online, can I benefit from this program?
Yes, the online education certificate program is appropriate for both novice and experienced instructors and the curriculum can adapt to your experience.
I don’t teach online, will I have an opportunity to learn by doing?
Yes, Drexel’s graduate certificate in online teaching program is designed for individuals who want to develop their skills by doing as well as by principle.
Do I need to come to campus at all during my enrollment?
No, the online graduate teaching certificate program is fully online and interactive.
Do classes meet at a specific time since the program is fully online?
No, this graduate certificate in online teaching program is asynchronous, meaning you don’t have to take class at a specific time each week. There are optional synchronous sessions in which you'll have the opportunity to meet with instructors, peers, and well-known speakers at a specific time on a specific day. All synchronous sessions are recorded and available to students who were not able to attend.
As an online student, do I have access to support services?
Yes, Drexel University provides extensive services to support student success. All students work closely with a Program Manager from point of matriculation through graduation. You'll also have access to the Writing Center, Drexel Libraries, the Center for Learning and Academic Success, the Counseling Center, and the Health and Wellness Center, as well as the Steinbright Career Development Center as soon as you're enrolled.
- MS in Education Improvement and Transformation
- MS in Teaching, Learning, and Curriculum: Advanced Studies
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|Select three of the following:|
|EDLT 503||The Learning Sciences|
|EDLT 512||Using and Integrating Learning Technologies|
|EDLT 551||Instructional Design Methods|
|ELL 504||Learning Technologies & Disabilities|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in a completed bachelor's and/or master's degree
- Graduate GPA will be considered along with undergraduate GPA
- Provisional admission may be considered if your GPA is lower than 3.0
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2022-2023 is $1047 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1396 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2022-2023 Academic Year
September 19, 2022
December 3, 2022
December 5, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 25, 2023
April 3, 2023
June 10, 2023
June 12, 2023
June 17, 2023
June 26, 2023
September 2, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 9, 2023
Apply for admission to Drexel University
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.