Graduate Certificate in eLearning Leadership
The millennial generation has demonstrated a preference for learning through non-traditional and informal strategies. As the demand for technology-based solutions grows so will the need to have trained professionals prepared to develop and deliver distance learning solutions. Additionally, as corporations seek to enhance training and the delivery of that training to an increasingly global workforce, they are looking to distance learning to help achieve their organization’s learning goals while at the same time controlling costs and maintaining quality control.
Building on Drexel University’s success in developing large-scale, high quality e-learning programs, the accredited Graduate Certificate in E-Learning Leadership is designed to meet the needs of today's working professionals across many fields. This certificate provides, in a concentrated format, the most contemporary knowledge and skills needed for those who do not wish to pursue a master's degree but would value a credential that demonstrates their learning.
You will be taught to:
- Understand the entrepreneurial aspects of leading an e-learning enterprise including how to develop a business plan
- Discover and endorse emerging technologies with the overall goal of enhancing both individual learning and the educational venture as a whole
- Impart leadership over approach to pedagogy and e-learning technologies—including virtual worlds, mobile devices, and gaming environments—to optimize learning outcomes and return on investment
- Design educational content and programs for the purpose of dissemination via varying online formats, including home, office, and mobile
- A flexible, completely online program that fits easily into your busy work and personal schedule
- Drexel is ranked as one of "America’s Best Graduate Schools" preparing today’s educators by U.S.News & World Report, and among the "Top-25 STEM Schools of 2018" by Forbes
- A highly interactive online learning method allows extensive interaction with faculty and other classmates
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EDLT 551||Instructional Design Methods||3.0|
|EDLT 552||Instructional Design: Project Management||3.0|
|EDLT 553||Instructional Design: Special Topics||3.0|
|ELL 501||The Purpose and Business of E-Learning||3.0|
|ELL 503||Teaching and Learning Issues in E-Learning||3.0|
|ELL 504||Learning Technologies & Disabilities||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- Personal Essay (500 - 750 words) describing your interest in the program. Specifically:
- How the program relates to your previous educational activities
- If changing course, why are you moving in a new direction with your educational goals
- How the program relates to your current line of work
- How you plan to apply the program to your future goals
- Additional requirements for International Students
An interview may be requested.
The tuition rate for the academic year 0-1 is $0 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2022-2023 Academic Year
September 19, 2022
December 3, 2022
December 5, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 25, 2023
April 3, 2023
June 10, 2023
June 12, 2023
June 17, 2023
June 26, 2023
September 2, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 9, 2023
Apply for admission to Drexel University
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.
This program is not currently accepting new applicants.