Online Project Management Certificate
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Project Management
Drexel’s online Graduate Certificate in Project Management offers a solution for professionals seeking project management skills to advance their career. Recent reports show demand for project managers is high worldwide.
The coursework aligns with the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® and Project Management Professional (PMP)® credentials from the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
Because a project manager’s skills are versatile, the 12-credit, online certificate program is perfect for those who want to make an impact in fast-growing industries. Examples of such industries include information technology, health care, manufacturing, business services, finance and insurance, oil and gas, construction, and utilities.
Graduate Certificate in Project Management Program Features
- 12 credits, offered entirely online and can be completed in as little as one year
- Coursework includes fundamentals and principles of project management
- Elective courses allow focus on specific areas of interest, such as project quality management, finance or risk management
What is a Project Management Graduate Certificate?
A project management graduate certificate is for students who have already earned their bachelor's degree and seek extra extra credentials. You'll learn the in-demand skills needed to develop new technologies, increase productivity, generate successful outputs and more.
How to Earn a Certificate in Project Management
To earn Drexel’s Graduate Certificate in Project Management, you'll need to complete 12 credits (four courses). The two required classes cover fundamentals, including how to plan, schedule, estimate, lead, collaborate and deliver a quality project on budget and on time. You'll then choose two electives that line up with your interests.
How to Earn CAPM Training Hours
You can earn CAPM® training hours by completing 23 hours of project management education by the time you sit for your exam. Alternatively, you can have a secondary degree and 1,500 hours of project management experience.
*PMBOK®, PMP®, Project Management Professional®, PMI® and CAPM® are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|PROJ 501||Introduction to Project Management||3.0|
|PROJ 502||Project Planning & Scheduling||3.0|
|Electives (Choose Two)||6.0|
|Project Quality Management|
|Project Estimation and Cost Management|
|Project Risk Assessment & Management|
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- One letter of recommendation (academic or professional)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2022-2023 is $1342 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2022-2023 Academic Year
September 19, 2022
December 3, 2022
December 5, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 25, 2023
April 3, 2023
June 10, 2023
June 12, 2023
June 17, 2023
June 26, 2023
September 2, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 9, 2023
Apply for admission to Drexel University
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.