Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorders Graduate Program
Within the past decade the number of children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders has increased drastically, as has the need for professionals trained in this specialized area. This accredited certificate equips students with the fundamental skills, knowledge, teaching methods, interventions, and supports needed to work with students in this critical-need area.
Teacher certification is not a requirement for admission to this program. Students who have an active PA Instructional I or Instructional II teaching certificate are eligible to apply for the PA Autism Spectrum Disorders endorsement upon completion of the program.
- Online coursework supplemented with required fieldwork in K-12 classrooms
- Named one of “America’s Best Graduate Schools” preparing today’s educators by U.S. News & World Report
- Drexel’s teacher education programs are approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- A highly interactive online learning method allows extensive interaction with faculty and other classmates
- If you possess an Instructional I or II Certification in Pennsylvania, you'll be eligible for the Pennsylvania Department of Education Autism Spectrum Disorders Endorsement
- How is it only January? Survival Strategies for the Classroom Teacher
- Online Open House: Applied Behavior Analysis Programs
- Online Open House: Special Education Programs
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EDEX 555||Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder||3.0|
|EDEX 556||Characteristics & Methods: Autism||3.0|
|EDEX 558||Characteristics & Methods: High Functioning Autism||3.0|
|EDEX 560||Communication & Language Interventions: Autism Spectrum Disorders||3.0|
|EDEX 562||Behavior & Sensory Support: Autism Spectrum Disorders||3.0|
A field component is required in each course.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with undergraduate GPA)
- If you do not meet this requirement, you’re still encouraged to apply and your file will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Program Director
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- Essay describing why you're interested in pursuing this program
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1079 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1438 per credit)
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024