Certificate of Graduate Study in Mathematics Learning and Teaching
***The Graduate Certificate in Mathematics Learning & Teaching program will not be accepting new students for the Academic Year 2023-2024. More information to follow.***
The accredited online Certificate of Graduate Study in Mathematics Learning and Teaching provides you with the skills and breadth of expertise needed to implement problem-based, student-centered, technology-intensive instruction in cutting-edge mathematics learning and teaching. You'll take courses alongside Master's students, and are encouraged to matriculate into the Master's program.
- A flexible, completely online degree program that fits easily into your busy work and personal schedule
- Drexel is ranked as one of "America’s Best Graduate Schools" preparing today’s educators by U.S.News & World Report, and among the "Top-25 STEM Schools of 2018" by Forbes
- Drexel’s teacher education programs are approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- A highly interactive online learning method allows extensive interaction with faculty and other classmates
- How is it only January? Survival Strategies for the Classroom Teacher
- Online Open House: Mathematics Learning and Teaching Programs
- Online Teaching Strategies for K-12 Educators: Basics for Beginners to Intermediate Users
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|MTED 601||Diagnosing Student Mathematical Thinking||3.0|
|Proportional and Algebraic Reasoning|
|Geometry & Spatial Reasoning|
|Data Analysis and Probabalistic & Statistical Reasoning|
|Functions through the Curriculum|
|Select 6.0 additional credits from any 600-700 level MTED courses||6.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- Provisional admission may be granted with a GPA between 2.75 and 2.99
- Current teacher certification for the middle or high school level
- Private or charter school teachers without certification can contact the program director for further evaluation
- Students without certification can pursue other graduate education programs and take MLT courses as electives/content courses
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- An essay describing why you're interested in pursuing this program
- Proof of certification for teaching at the middle or high school level
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 0-1 is $0 per credit.
For academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024