Social Entrepreneurship Online Certificate
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship
Drexel University’s online Graduate Certiﬁcate in Social Entrepreneurship prepares you to tackle the critical social issues impacting the world today. This program teaches you to create positive, lasting social change through sustainable business models. Social entrepreneurship online courses take the core tenants of entrepreneurship and show you how to best apply them to making the world a better place.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
This certificate is designed for both recent graduates and established professionals interested in learning how to utilize the power of the marketplace to start something that will solve a social or environmental problem.
What Will I Learn in the Social Enterpreneurship Certificate?
This certificate introduces a range of foundational tools used by successful entrepreneurs in pursuit of opportunity – tools that can be applied in a new venture or in an established company.
You will learn how to:
- Think entrepreneurially
- Develop sustainable business models
- Apply the process of entrepreneurship to address local and global social problems
How Will I Apply What I Learn?
This certiﬁcate will reinforce your entrepreneurial thinking, training your eye for innovation in solving social problems. You will be able to build a team focused on solving real-world social problems using sustainable business practices to achieve a positive impact.
- 100% online
- Learn from a mix of full-time faculty and adjuncts with years of experience leading companies like DuPont-Merck Pharmaceuticals, Saxbys Coffee, Vertex, Inc., and Tangent Energy Solutions
- Credits earned in this certificate can be stacked with other certificates and applied to the MS in Entrepreneurship & Innovation program
- You have the opportunity to take advantage of the Laurence A. Baiada Institute for Entrepreneurship, the Close School’s hub of experiential learning
- Drexel’s Charles D. Close School of Entrepreneurship is the first accredited, independent school of entrepreneurship in the nation
- MS in Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Graduate Certificate in Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Graduate Certificate in New Venture Creation
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|ENTP 535||Social Entrepreneurship||3.0|
|ENTP 545||International Entrepreneurship||3.0|
|ENTP 601||Social and Sustainable Innovation||3.0|
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Personal statement (500 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular program,
- Your short and long-term career plans, and
- How your background, experience, interest, and/or values, when combine with a Drexel degree, will enable you to pursue your goals successfully
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1167 per credit.
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates are available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024