Graduate Certificate in Hardware Systems Engineering
This graduate certificate provides cross functional knowledge in systems engineering, hardware design engineering, and product development. It provides the necessary skills to aid in the design and development of complex systems that require knowledge of digital, RF, and electromechanical design in areas of hardware, software, and firmware design. Upon completion, you will have an enhanced understanding of:
- Hardware Product Development Experience
- Systems Engineering Lifecycle Process Implementation
- Engineering Project Planning & Execution
- Cross-Disciplinary Technical Design
The versatile curriculum consists of six courses—three required, and three electives that allow you to tailor the coursework to your specific skill development interests. Upon completion, you may apply the credits from this certificate toward a master’s degree from the College of Engineering.
- A flexible, completely online program that fits easily into your busy work and personal schedule
- Taught by Drexel University's distinguished College of Engineering faculty who are experienced and successful professionals in the field
- Coursework utilizes industry-standard tools and software
- A highly interactive online learning method allows extensive interaction with faculty and classmates
- Opportunity to earn INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional (SEP) certification through completion of additional courses within the Graduate Certificate in Systems Engineering
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|Required System Engineering Courses|
|SYSE 533||Systems Integration and Test||3.0|
|SYSE 685||Systems Engineering Management||3.0|
|SYSE 688||Systems Engineering Analysis||3.0|
|Systems Engineering Course Elective|
|SYSE 530||Systems Engineering Design||3.0|
|or SYSE 531||Systems Architecture Development|
|or SYSE 682||Introduction to Systems Science|
In addition to the Systems Engineering courses listed above (SYSE 682, SYSE 685, SYSE 688), you have the option to take three additional technical electives associated with earning INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional (SEP) certification by completing the Graduate Certificate in Systems Engineering:
- SYSE 520 - Global Sustainment and Integrated Logistics
- SYSE 640 - Model Based Systems Engineering
- SYSE 690 - Modeling and Simulation
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or related science from an ABET-accredited institution
- A bachelor’s degree in the sciences (physics, mathematics, computer science, etc.) may also be accepted, however, you may be required to take additional courses
- Any degree earned abroad must be deemed equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in your bachelor’s degree as well as any subsequent graduate-level work
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1342 per credit.
For academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 20, 2022
August 27, 2022
August 29, 2022
September 3, 2022