Online Disability and Health Equity Policy Certificate Program
Drexel University's online Disability and Health Equity Policy Certificate looks at disability policy from a public health perspective. Designed for advocates and professionals in a variety of fields, the program prepares you for leadership roles in supporting effective and equitable policy development, implementation, and evaluation.
A key benefit of this program is its focus on public health. While most disability policy programs generally focus on education-specific policy, Drexel’s online Certificate in Disability and Health Equity Policy focuses on the impact of disability policy on the larger world. The goal of the program is to help professionals and advocates influence policy that impacts every facet of the lives of those with disabilities.
Disability and Health Equity Policy Certificate Program Features
- 12-credit fully online program
- Taught by faculty from Drexel’s Dornsife School of Public Health
- Credits can transfer to Drexel Dornsife’s MS and MPH programs
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Drexel Dornsife in the top 15% nationwide for graduate schools of public health and #1 in Philadelphia
- Drexel’s Dornsife School of Public Health is an accredited school of public health by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
What Is Meant by Health Equity?
According to the World Health Organization, health equity is “the absence of unfair and avoidable or remediable differences in health among population groups defined socially, economically, demographically, or geographically.” Drexel’s online Disability and Health Equity Policy Certificate gives you the tools to advocate for better treatment for those with disabilities in every aspect of society. Courses focus on areas like Medicaid and disability policy, maternal and child health policy, public policy and advocacy, developments in social justice, and more.
Requirements for the Disability and Health Equity Policy Certificate Program
You must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution to apply to this program. Please view the Admissions Criteria page for information on submitting your application and supporting documents.
What Can I Do with a Disability and Health Equity Policy Certificate?
Careers in Health Equity Policy
Coupling this Certificate in Disability and Health Equity Policy with your previous education and current career provides the training and skills development you need to influence and lead in any position that supports individuals with disabilities, their families or caregivers, service providers, and program administrators and policymakers. This disability studies online program was designed to benefit self-advocates and those who are family members and/or caregivers of those with disabilities, as well as professionals in fields like:
- City, state, or federal government roles
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Political science
- Public health
- Social work
Disability and Health Equity Policy Certificate Salary Expectations
While salaries may vary depending on location and job titles, some common roles and salaries for professionals in this field include:
- Health Educator and Community Health Worker - $46,910
- Policy Analyst - $59,504
- Social Worker - $50,470
Disability and Health Equity Policy Certificate Program FAQs
Can I transfer credits earned from the Disability and Health Equity Policy Certificate into the online MPH?
Yes, credits earned in this certificate program can be transferred into any of Drexel’s online MS or MPH offerings.
Is the program 100% online?
All coursework in this program can be completed online, and there are no on-campus requirements.
How long does it take to complete the certificate?
This certificate can be completed in as little as one year.
- Executive MPH
- MPH: Epidemiology
- MPH: Global Health
- MPH: Urban Health
- MS in Global Health
- MSN in Public Health Nursing
- Certificate in Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Certificate in Global Health
- Certificate in Infectious Disease Prevention and Control
- Certificate in LGBT Health
- Certificate in Maternal and Child Health
- Certificate in Public Health
- Certificate in Urban Health
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period.
|HMP 660||Public Policy and Advocacy||3.0|
|HMP 661||Disability and Measurement||3.0|
|Choose two of the following:||6.0|
|HMP 519||Maternal & Child Health Policy|
|HMP 551||Historical and Contemporary Developments in Social Justice|
|HMP 662||Medicaid and Disability Policy|
|CHP 683||Intersectional Perspectives|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- Additional requirements for International Students
Working knowledge of and access to a personal computer (no more than 4 years old), high-speed connection to the Internet, and Microsoft Office applications.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is $1258 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 20, 2022
August 27, 2022
August 29, 2022
September 3, 2022
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.