Clinical Nurse Leader Post-Master's Certificate
Drexel's online Clinical Nurse Leader Post-Master's Certificate is designed to prepare nurses for an evolving systems specialist role which incorporates advanced knowledge and skill, clinical expertise in an evidence-and-quality-driven context, accountability for outcomes of care, integration of health care services, and clinical leadership for the care of clients. This Post-Master's Clinical Nurse Leader Certificate emphasizes the development of competencies related to the use of technology, evidence-based practice, customization of care, health team and interdisciplinary leadership, and outcome and risk assessment.
Students will Learn to
- Apply tools for risk analysis
- Design and redesign client care based on evidence-based knowledge and analysis of outcomes
- Develop and monitor disease management programs promoting healthy lifestyles
- Manage and develop therapeutic partnerships
- Understand health care reimbursement, issues in planning care across the lifespan, and financial and economic considerations
- Utilize epidemiological methodology to collect data and knowledge acquisition in planning community health promotion programs
- The master's degree in nursing at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Experienced and board certified faculty from Drexel's acclaimed College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Highly-interactive online learning method that challenges and engages students while remaining convenient for working nurses
- Flexible scheduling of clinical practicum in a variety of settings
Clinical practicum experiences provide opportunities for students to deepen clinical skills and develop additional competencies for the management of clients’ health care needs at the point-of-care. Precepted clinical experiences will include activities such as modeling of care, assessment and evaluation of aggregate patient outcomes, case management and service integration, unit and interdisciplinary team leadership, teaching and mentoring of staff.**
Questions? We're here to help!
College of Nursing and Health Professions Program Team
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|NURS 531||Epidemiology in Action: Tracking Health and Disease||3.0|
|NURS 532||Evaluation of Health Outcomes||3.0|
|NURS 548||Advanced Pathophysiology||3.0|
|NURS 549||Advanced Pharmacology||3.0|
|NURS 550||Advanced Clinical Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning||4.0|
|NURS 602||Foundation for Clinical Nurse Leader||4.0|
|NURS 603||Clinical Nurse Leader Capstone Immersion I||5.0|
|NURS 604||Clinical Nurse Leader Capstone Immersion II||5.0|
- Master of Science in Nursing from program fully accredited by National League of Nursing (NLN) and/or American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN.) The accrediting body for NLN is ACEN and the accrediting body for the American Association Colleges of Nursing is CCNE.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- If your GPA is lower, you're still encouraged to apply, but should ensure that relevant professional experience is included on your resume. You must also provide two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study.
- Current, unrestricted United States RN license
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Personal statement (800 to 1,600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular post master’s certificate
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this program, and
- Your plans upon completing the certificate
- Resume including specific details of your responsibilities and job experiences
- A copy of your United States RN license (License verification from your nursing license registry website is acceptable)
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is $1026 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1140 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 4, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021