Online Post Bachelor’s Certificate in Healthcare Simulation Program
***The Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Healthcare Simulation will not be accepting new students for the Academic Year 2023-2024. We encourage you to check back in a year for more information. In the meantime, we invite you to learn more about our other online certificate programs, including the Certificate in Quality, Safety, and Risk Management in Healthcare, Post-Bachelor's Certificate in Leadership in Health Systems Management, and Post-Bachelor's Certificate in Nursing Education.***
Designed for any healthcare professional seeking simulation education, Drexel University’s post-bachelor's certificate in Healthcare Simulation program prepares nurses, healthcare professionals, and simulation technicians to meet future challenges in both academic and professional spaces. Specialized training in simulation-based education prepares you to be a leader in your field. The skills attained in this interdisciplinary simulation-based graduate program are transferable to the clinical environment, clinical teaching, and the classroom. Upon graduation, you'll have the skills to lead a simulation program in an academic or hospital environment. You'll also be prepared to sit for the Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) certification as soon as you meet the practice requirements.
Online Certificate in Healthcare Simulation Program Features
- No on-campus requirement
- Taught by internationally known simulation experts
- Only 4 courses
- Ability to personalize the curriculum by choosing a course on evaluation or leadership
Requirements for the Online Healthcare Simulation Certificate Program
Drexel’s online Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Healthcare Simulation admissions requirements include a bachelor’s degree in any health-related field with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0. For additional requirements and application information, please see the admissions criteria section.
What Can I Do with a Certificate in Healthcare Simulation?
Upon completion of the online Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Healthcare Simulation at Drexel University, you’ll be ready to take on positions, such as Simulation Technician, in healthcare simulation departments. Courses in the curriculum, such as "Standardized Patients" and "Simulation in Healthcare Education" will develop the simulation skills you need to be successful in a healthcare simulation environment throughout your career. In addition, Drexel’s online certificate will prepare you to sit for the Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) certification as soon as you meet the practice requirements.
Certificate in Healthcare Simulation Program FAQs
Do I have to travel to Philadelphia?
No, the courses within the online Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Healthcare Simulation are taught completely in the online environment and do not require any on-campus visits.
Will the healthcare simulation certificate program prepare me to take the Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) exam?
Yes, once you meet the practice requirement, you will have the knowledge needed to take this exam.
Questions? We're here to help!
For application related questions:
For program related questions:
College of Nursing and Health Professions Program Team
- MS in Healthcare Simulation
- MSN in Healthcare Simulation
- MS in Complementary and Integrative Health
- MS in Quality, Safety, and Risk Management in Healthcare
- Graduate Certificate in Health Care Compliance
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|IPS 617||Simulation in Healthcare Education||4.5|
|IPS 618||Standardized Patients||3.0|
|IPS 619||Advanced Debriefing and Reflective Practice||3.0|
or IPS 621
|Simulation Center Leadership
or Evaluation in Simulation-Based Education
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- If your GPA is lower, you're still encouraged to apply, but should ensure that relevant professional experience is included on your resume. You must also provide two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study.
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- Two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study
- If you have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, this requirement can be waived
- Additional requirements for International Students
An admissions interview may be required.
The tuition rate for the academic year 0-1 is $0 per credit.
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates are available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024